Sunday, April 21, 2013

#1. Art Experiment w/ Acrylic Ink

Since I am so intrigued in experimenting with different materials and art techniques, lately I have taken upon trying out art pieces with acrylic ink. Having in mind that this was my first attempt in using these materials I am quite pleased with the outcome. However, with more practice and further experimentation I am determined to make my future art pieces even more intricate and remarkable. It is so amusing watching the ink take its shape and letting the magic happen with the combination of the ink, water and colors,  which I find fascinating. With this material you really do not have to think a lot or have to be good in art, however the process can be quite messy. So great for everyone! It intrigues me that you never know how the art piece will end up looking because of the process being so spontaneous.  Also, what I find great is that if you are not sure how to use it, or with other art materials and techniques, I always find guidance and inspiration on art forums or YouTube. 

Here are some paintings that I tried the acrylic paint on: 

#1. Acrylic Ink Experiment Canvas

Detailed Views of the first acrylic ink experiment

#2. Acrylic Ink Experiment Canvas

#3. Acrylic Ink Experiment Canvas

If you guys want to see a step-by-step tutorial how I use Acrylic Ink let me know in the comments. I could also do different tutorials such as how to make a cast, or show you other techniques with acrylics.
I am also very interested if you have an art blog, diy (do it yourself) blogs or even blogs that you follow of this kind that you could leave me behind in the comments to look at.



1 comment:

  1. hi there I would like to know what kind of acrylic inks that you used and also did you use a medium ,,,,flow release ,,,to make the paint flow into each other ,I tired these inks on canvas but only with water they looked good when I finished but when it was all dried the colour had faded so much and my painting had changed ,,thanks love to hear from you cheers marlene

    ReplyDelete